24.5MP FX-Format BSI CMOS Sensor and EXPEED 6 Processor
Chosen for its versatility, the full-frame 24.5MP CMOS sensor provides apt resolution, fast readout speeds, and impressive low-light performance. Its BSI (back-illuminated) design, along with the EXPEED 6 image processor, help to achieve especially clear results with reduced noise levels to suit working with the full native sensitivity range of ISO 100-51200, which can be extended to ISO 50-204800. For working with moving subjects, a 7 fps continuous shooting rate is available when using the optical viewfinder, but when working in Silent Live View mode, up to 12 fps shooting is possible in raw or JPEG.
- A bright pentaprism optical viewfinder covers 100% of the frame with a 0.7x magnification.
- Large 3.2″ 2.36m-dot rear LCD screen features a tilting design to suit working from high and low angles. It is also a touchscreen, and affords intuitive control over playback, menu navigation, and touch AF and touch shutter functions.
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enable wireless transferring of files and remote camera control from linked mobile devices via the Nikon SnapBridge app.
- Dual SD memory card slots both support the UHS-II standard for fast read/write speeds and enable more flexible file storage, such as overflow recording and in-camera file duplication.
- EN-EL15b lithium-ion battery provides approximately 2260 shots per charge.